Alas, the Packers lost today.
Despite that, Eric and I were fantastically productive. We got laundry done, cleaned the living areas, and we redecorated our porch with the new Halloween decorations that my MIL graciously gave to us. We also decorated a little bit inside, but I must say that our porch is sufficiently creepy, and I am looking forward to scaring small humans on the 31st.
We received a healthy list of frightening props from MIL, but I wanted something a little crafty to celebrate and showcase, so I revisited my bottle painting of a few months ago.
I had an extra wine bottle hanging around, and while Eric painted a wooden skeleton to put outside, I went about priming the bottle.
Here is what I did:
1. After priming, I did a base coat of black paint.
2. I decided to class it up, and I “labeled” the bottle en francais!
3. Finally, I had to make it clear that this was a bottle of blood, so I used a dark red and did a few drops. Now, to do this realistically, I had to first mix the red and black together, then slowly add more red as the streak went down. I then made it “pool” at the bottom. I am please with the outcome.